Sunday, February 24, 2013

Crossroads

We are doing a series in Sunday School on "Recovery"; it is actually one about a nation's recovery, and how it begins with the individual- and, as Believers, are we viewing our politics through a biblical lens, or is it the other way around... If I complain about the government, am I also prepared to take a good hard, honest, look at my own life- am I living without duplicity?

Well, I was also studying for another lesson I am a part of, the two lessons intersected in Jeremiah chapter 6.  (The other lessons' principle verses were: Matthew 11:28-30  and 2 Chronicles 6-7)

In both, at different times, we find people, a nation, at a crossroads. 

I feel like with Lyme, crossroads come every single day in some way.  Who to go to for help, which medication/treatments, where do I start/end, how much do I do/not do today, do I push through/back off...Are the things in my mind/emotions- my thoughts, the Lord speaking to me, affects of Lyme... 

What about the people we hear telling us 'peace...peace'- and yet our gut is telling us, "No- something's not right!" 

In Jeremiah 6:14-15 we see false leaders telling the people 'peace, peace...but there was no peace'.  The sin of disobedience was causing the nation to be broken.  But that was only  part of the problem.  What kept them tethered to sin was their lack of discernment (and the leaders who contribute to this). 

Jeremiah implores these people at a crossroads to follow the ancient, good pathway- with the way marked by repentance, reconciliation, respect & love for God...and to walk in obedience.  They'd wandered so far off track, they'd lost sight of those markers along the good way.  But again, to even see they are lost- there needs to be discernment.

Pathways, as we travel along,  Lyme- just adds to the difficulty of staying on the good path. It is foggy, confusing, with amazing ups-n-downs and all around; to say it is a rocky, treacherous path for us is an understatement.  It is tough socially, mentally, emotionally, financially, spiritually... we question everything- even God's goodness.

Which bring me back to discernment, and might I add wisdom.  The kind of discernment that the LORD gives us.  We must turn to Him at any, and every, crossroad we come to.  We need His help to steer through all of it- we know our own perception is deceptive, clouded, dim...

So what crossroad are you at today?  What are you wrestling with?  If you are at a crossroad today- I invite you to first bend your knee at the Cross- before the Lord Jesus Christ.  Bring to Him that with which you are wrestling.  Ask Him for His wisdom and discernment-   If there is sin found in your heart- confess it to Him and allow His forgiveness to wash over you-- and then move forward according to His promise, and walk in obedience. 

If there is no sin- ask Him to lead you- to teach you- to show you The Way.  And no matter how dim the view, know that when you travel in obedience to Him, according the righteousness you have through Jesus-  you are on the ancient, good way. 

Blessings-

13 “From the least to the greatest,
their lives are ruled by greed.
From prophets to priests,
they are all frauds.
14 They offer superficial treatments
for my people’s mortal wound.
They give assurances of peace
when there is no peace.    Jeremiah 6:13-14
16 This is what the Lord says:
“Stop at the crossroads and look around. Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it.  Jeremiah 6:16


1 Corinthians 13:12

New Living Translation (NLT)
12 Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity.[a] All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.

1 Corinthians 13:12

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
12 For now we see in a mirror [a]dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.














No comments:

Post a Comment