Monday, April 8, 2013

Movie about Lyme Online for free and a New Book Release

Greetings-
I just saw today that the movie "Under Our Skin" is available on Hulu for free.  You can go to this link to see it: http://www.hulu.com/#!search?q=under+our+skin

Also, I'd tried to post this on my blog site, but haven't been able to make it work.. that a handbook I put together is now published and available through Amazon.com.  It can also be obtained by ordering it through a local bookstore.  The title is "Practical Care Tips for Those in the Lyme Fight".

The handbook evolved out of my experiences and background.  Given the nature of Lyme at this point, there aren't a lot of people out there to 'hold our hand' through treatments, and doing life Lyme-minded.  In the handbook are things that I learned along the way, as well as a bit of my own story- hoping in it that others can find a measure of comfort.

In the handbook are also ideas to help our caregivers. Bless them!

I am finding things challenging these days- as I try to keep to my protocols, deal with changes in meds, prepare for a daughter's wedding this spring, help launch this handbook, answer people's questions about Lyme, advocate for others... No, I am not at 'optimal health' yet-  I am anticipating and working toward having enough stamina to participate in all the wedding activities (at least be vertically attending them ;) )

So- forgive me if I am not posting as often as I'd like to be- If you stop by and see I've not been on for a while- prayers are appreciated :)

It has been an emotional time too.  The Lyme makes me extra weepy anyway (hoping the meds will help with that)-- and there is so much that the 'me inside' would love to be doing with/for my daughter right now..but I do not have the resources to do them...

I get down about it- but the LORD gently reminds me that I am not alone- He is with me, and will strengthen me according to His will, and that I should not take me eyes off of Him.  Otherwise- it is extremely discouraging to look around at so many others who are flitting about with such ease, and seem to have boundless energy and resources....

Easily, I can get jealous of those around me who can seemingly 'do as they please'- they don't seem to 'measure' out anything about their life...they just want to/ and do it... 

Even with loved ones, I can get gnarly about the whole thing- and again, the LORD lovingly convicts me--- and says ' Be thankful-- these people around you that can do all these things are gifts to you- don't become bitter or resentful-- but be thankful they are not as you are, and for all the ways they are blessings-----

and, do not forget-I have plans for you, where you are at right now- to be a blessing to others--- it will look different than those you see flitting about...but nonetheless, I have a purpose in all this- and I have assignments to bless for you to to accomplish according to the strength, gifts, talents I have created in you--   But- I cannot work effectively through you if you do not keep a clean, thankful heart...a heart of praise...'

So- Beloved- I encourage you too- to keep a heart of praise and thankfulness.  Look for ways you can enter into thanking God/enjoying God-- not just for what He does for you, but especially for Who He Is. 

1 Timothy 6:16-19

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
16 who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.
17 Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy. 18 Instruct them to do good, to be rich in good [a]works, to be generous and ready to share19 storing up for themselves the treasure of a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is life indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment