Thursday, October 10, 2013

Our God Rains

No, the title does not have a typo.  I purposefully wrote rains, instead of reigns.  Not, of course, to infer that Our God doesn't reign-  He Does! 

It's just that I was going through the devotional reading for today and these verses popped out at me:

Jeremiah 14:22-22   (NASB)

22 Are there any among the [a]idols of the nations who give rain?
Or can the heavens grant showers?
Is it not You, O Lord our God?
Therefore we [b]hope in You,
For You are the one who has done all these things
 
He is Our Creator God.  He is Sovereign, in control of all things.  My favorite part is Jeremiah's conclusion, "Therefore we hope in You.."
 
Jeremiah's hope isn't if whether it will rain or not, or... or in thinking there is some other power(s) that are all powerful. 
 
Circumstances change all the time.  Especially with Lyme.  A constant with Lyme, is the inconsistancy! 
 
I am regularly needing to remind myself that only in God should I place my trust, my hope... not in the next treatment, the next doc appt, my family, my friends, my getting something accomplished... 
 
Only in God.
 
I am to take care of what He has placed in front of me today to take care of.  The rest is up to Him, in His time, His way.  My stability point of peace is in my trust in Him-  the deeper I trust (by knowing Him better and better), the more stable I become. 
 
Rest in Him Beloved~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment