Monday, November 26, 2012

Expecting

I am often accused of having too high of expectations.  This has led to me also then experience much dissapointment.  (Having Lyme gives you expotential opportunities for dissapointent!)

"If only" has  ruined many of a day for me.... My husbands would say, "If onlys and buts were candies and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas!"  

Which brings me to that very thing that is the ONLY thing, or Person- in whom my expectations can truly be placed- the Lord Jesus.

The LORD has been dealing with me as of late on many things.  One of which is that I have had my emotional default set on 'hurt' for a very long time.  He is in the process of reprogramming my wiring so that my default setting is on 'HIM' instead!

As far as expecting this or that--- the dissapointment usually comes because I have set my hope on some particular person or thing, to happen at some particular place or time- which I think most likely, even best... NOT! 

Over this past year- the LORD has been showing me what I am doing in that is misplacing Hope.  Hope is not a thing, or an idea, or a human, or a particular way something is to be done, or a certain way of looking...  Hope is a part of who the LORD is.

Even taking it further than putting my hope in the LORD, but realize HE IS HOPE...it is a part of who He is, a part of His being. 

The more closely I am in community with Him- the more hopefilled I am.  I am not setting my hope on any particular outcome I can formulate, but able to experience a satisfying hope simply by realizing that He is Hope- and as He is present, Hope is present....nothing more is needed. 

Quite quieting and freeing a realization.

It is the Advent season- a wonderful season of Good Expecting-  We are reminded of when Hope came to earth to dwell amoung us; to become that High Priest who understands us.

Hope has come.  

In fact, Hope has always been... Hope is... and Hope is yet to come! 

Perhaps this Advent season finds you sidelined- making the seasonal rushing about all the more glaring to you.   Perhaps you feel lonely, isolated, sad, left-behind....dissappointed... This isn't what you expected!

Beloved- Hope understands, and is nearby.   Reach out to Him today, grow closer to Him in prayer and by His Word.  Delight in who HE IS this Advent season.  (Not what you think He may do for you....He will do things for you- but through the grime of worldly vision we miss much of what He is doing- and then may think He isn't doing something because we don't see it being done as we'd expected it to be done...) 

Read more about Hope this season-  read in Isaiah, the Gospels...If you tire too easily- you can listen to passages at www.Biblegateway.com  (NASB). 

You will not be dissapointed by Hope.

Blessings-

http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh196.sht

http://www.aholyexperience.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Jesse_Tree_Advent_Celebration1.pdf

Isaiah 7:14

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
14 Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a [a]virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name [b]Immanuel.   (God with us.)
 
1 Timothy 1:1
   Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus according to the commandment of God our Savior, and of Christ Jesus, who is our hope,
 

Titus 2:13  looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,
 
1 Peter 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1 Peter 1:2-4 (in Context) 1 Peter 1 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
 
1 Peter 1:13
Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.


 

 














No comments:

Post a Comment