Sunday, November 18, 2012

Giving Thanks Tool

Got this in my email today- thought I'd share the site with you-
http://www.aholyexperience.com/2011/04/when-youre-feeling-a-bit-broken-free-weekly-gratitude-journa-l/

Simple reminder for this week (can do it throughout the year) to Give Thanks. 

A lot of days we may have to dig deep to come up to that place-- I dearly love that in Scripture, it is called a 'sacrifice of praise'! 

God understands the choice of sacrificially giving Him the praise He is deserves- despite our current circumstance, pain, fear, unknown future.... 

When we boldly give a sacrifice of praise to Him in the face of pain and uncertainty- it does not go unoticed-  it's fragrance is heavy, with a sweet aroma as it rises to Him. 

Our LORD never requires of us something that won't also in turn bring benefit to our well-being; He is just too generous and full of lovingkindness not to. 

May this Giving Thanks season (in the United States) be one richly blessed by His presence in your praise...as you lift your praise to Him, may you find your heart, soul and mind lifted as well...your soul encouraged, your LORD glorified...a wonderful cycle...

Blessings to you!

  1. Psalm 27:6
    And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me, And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD.
    Psalm 27:5-7 (in Context) Psalm 27 (Whole Chapter)
  2. Hebrews 13:15
    [ God-pleasing Sacrifices ] Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment