Monday, January 7, 2013

Quiet

Most of my Bibles end up looking like mini files after a while.  I'm regularly poking into its pages some piece of paper, or picture... Guess it is my own version of scrapbooking of a kind!

Today, as I leafed through during my devotions- I came across a poem I'd written out years ago (like about 28 years ago) when I began my first leg into living well with a chronic condition. 

If you Google the poem- it will pop up many places- as it has seemed to serve many well over the years.

I wasn't able to get the history of the poem (maybe published first in 1978, which would've made it a 'new' poem when I came across it).  It was written by Alice Hansche Mortenson. 

I Needed the Quiet

I needed the quiet so He drew me aside,
Into the shadows where we could confide.
Away from the bustle where all the day long
I hurried and worried when active and strong.
I needed the quiet though at first I rebelled,
But gently, so gently, my cross He upheld,
And whispered so sweetly of spiritual things.
Though weakened in body, my spirit took wings
To heights never dreamed of when active and gay.
He loved me so greatly He drew me away.
I needed the quiet. No prison my bed,
But a beautiful valley of blessings instead--
A place to grow richer in Jesus to hide.
I needed the quiet so He drew me aside.



Perhaps today you are feeling 'sidelined'-  It is not because you have been forgotten, or because you have no value...  But, perhaps today you are more close to the LORD then ever before...
perhaps in being more mindful of Him today- and spending time with Him in the closeness of prayer- you are more productive then ever before...

Today is a new day-  and in Him, this day has endless possibilities~ 

Blessings-

Romans 8:15

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery [a]leading to fear again, but you have received [b]a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!”


 

No comments:

Post a Comment