Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Number Our Days

In between my caregiving responsibilities for my dad, and managing my own protocol- and trying to do my family things (yes, not getting everything done), I have found the Daily Audio Bible a good way to surround my day with the Word~

Yesterday, in the reading-through-the-Bible in a year schedule, the reader read through two familiar Psalms, 90 & 91.

One of the many things I love about the Word is that even the familiar takes on a new tone, new color, new feel, new meaning... depending on life's season~

Out popped Psalm 90:12 " So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom."
Oh, but I have felt my days numbered more acutely than ever in this Lyme Fight.  Each day is a precious gift; each day with any extra energy left beyond extistence is a jewel- and to be spent with careful consideration, making it count, making it of worth.  This is only achieved by operating in God's economy- and for this, wisdom is indeed needed.

In the MacArthur Bible Commentary, the 'heart of wisdom' notation states, "Wisdom repudiates autonomy and focuses on the Lord's sovereigny and revelation"

Is that my focus today?  Wisdom says- focus on the Lord's sovereignty and revelation.  Ah, but isnt' this an aspect of the Mystery about which we've talked earlier... With this God-lens, this wisdom- I look beyond myself, beyond circumstances, to see the moments revealed by God, with His illumination upon each scene- making each moment count according to His will~

Oh LORD, indeed, teach me to number my days- that I will get a heart of wisdom-  to see in each moment Your Light, Your Presence, Your Sovereingty, Your revelation~ 
Blessed be the Name of the LORD~

Blessings-

No comments:

Post a Comment