Friday, September 13, 2013

A Go To

Been to this Psalm before multiple times, will be again I'm sure~  But it was part of my devotional reading today, and thought it a good one to share again~  This time in the NLT (New Living Translation)

I think David expresses what many of us Lyme Fighters feel..we are in a battle as well.  I've spent months in my own 'cave', under attack, alone... 

Verse three is especially precious-  to those of us under attack, the LORD sends Help; He comes with Unfailing Love and Faithfulness.  Two of any human's most basic of needs.  With these two provisions, Unfailing Love and Faithfulness- we can get through what this sin-filled world throw at us. 

He is Unfailing Love and Faithfulness.

He cannot not be these.  And He comes to us in our need, meets us where we are at.  We are not alone in this battle.

Note that the prescript to the Psalm states it is to be sung to the tune of 'Do Not Destroy!'- Oh but I would love to have heard this tune!

Listen:

Psalm 57:1-11  New Living Translation (NLT)

For the choir director: A psalm[a] of David, regarding the time he fled from Saul and went into the cave. To be sung to the tune “Do Not Destroy!”

1 Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy!
I look to you for protection.
I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings
until the danger passes by.

2 I cry out to God Most High,[b]
to God who will fulfill his purpose for me.

3 He will send help from heaven to rescue me,
disgracing those who hound me. Interlude
My God will send forth his unfailing love and faithfulness.


4 I am surrounded by fierce lions
who greedily devour human prey—
whose teeth pierce like spears and arrows,
and whose tongues cut like swords.
 
5 Be exalted, O God, above the highest heavens!
May your glory shine over all the earth.
 
6 My enemies have set a trap for me.
I am weary from distress.
They have dug a deep pit in my path,
but they themselves have fallen into it.
Interlude
 
7 My heart is confident in you, O God;
my heart is confident.
No wonder I can sing your praises!

8 Wake up, my heart!
Wake up, O lyre and harp!
I will wake the dawn with my song.

9 I will thank you, Lord, among all the people.

I will sing your praises among the nations.10 For your unfailing love is as high as the heavens.
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
 
11 Be exalted, O God, above the highest heavens.
May your glory shine over all the earth.
 
 
In what, or who, are you placing you confidence/trust in today?   Place your confidence and trust in Him Who Alone Is Worthy.  He will answer you with Unfailing Love and Faithfulness- you are not alone!
 
Blessings-
 

No comments:

Post a Comment