1) They are fighters. They battle on many fronts; sometimes they are all alone in the battle, but they keep at it!
2) Even though many others misunderstand them- they still seek to understand others!
3) They are clever. They do much researching, scheduling, keeping meds straight, treatments on time... even with brain fog!
4) They are creative. They have to learn to do things a little differently than others- as no two Lyme Fighters are exactly the same. They have to be creative in how to eat, move, lie down, take the medicine, do treatments, keep in community with others...their creativity is central to all they do!
5) They are strong. These are people who were at one time 'mover-shaker' people- active and smart. Though illness has robbed them in so many ways- their internal fortitude muscles are getting a work out. Some days just getting out of bed for a meal is an amazing feat of strength!
6) They are advocates! They don't want anyone else to go through what they are going through- they are active in getting the word out, to warn others, to educate others.
7) They are good at networking! Lyme Fighters have learned how to reach out to each other and to share information that makes a difference for them, and will make a difference for others. Many are 'shut-ins', but regularly give 'shout-outs' to whomever they can, using many different media/communication tools.
8) They share! With the networking, they are eager to help another person whenever they find a piece of helpful information or resource.
9) They have learned that 'Being' trumps 'Doing' when life is boiled down. Used to being people of action- and then learning to live within limits, one learns more about their person hood, their self-differentiation, their purpose, their value; even when living life 'small', Lyme Fighters live it 'big'!
10) They are there for each other. Lyme Fighters know better than anyone else what another Lyme Fighter is going through- they know what encouragement is needed, and speak/show it to another Lyme Fighter generously. They may not have much to offer materially, but they give what matters most- they give of themselves.
I'd love it if you'd leave a post with more reasons of why Lyme Fighters are Fantastic!
14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom [l]every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the [m]saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.
20 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, 21 to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations [n]forever and ever. Amen.