Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Friend

Battling Lyme can bring about some lonely times.  Actually, a lot of loneliness.

Today I was reading a devotional and was reminded of John 15: 13-15, Jesus is speaking:  "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.  You are My friends if you do what I command you.  No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you."

Ther is so much in these few passages:
1) He calls us His friend
2) He willing laid down His life for us- to give us life
3) He makes Mystery known to us

Dear One- are you having a lonely day?  May you first run to your Best Friend- the One Who Never Forsakens you- Sit before His throne, meditate on His Word, express praise and thanksgiving to Him for laying down His life for you, and for giving you life...

Cry out to Him of your desire to have a visit from someone-  that He would send to you a visitor, an encourager, one of His Saints... 

'LORD-  I lift up my Lyme battle buddy here today-  Make Yourself known in a tangible way that will reach through their loneliness...take their cloak of grey and give them a cloak of praise, and with that cloak of praise, the warmth of Your presence...and the lingering fragrance of Your presence~  Thank you that You invite us to be Your friend- we are humbled, and give You praise with thanksgiving- in Jesus' name~ amen.'

Blessings-

No comments:

Post a Comment