Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Lyme Foodie Idea

Last evening I was thinking about sharing again about eating as a Lyme Fighter.

Most of us have challenges to eating.  I have multiple allergies (some life threatening), intolerances- and slow motility due to neurologic-gastric short circuiting from Lyme.

On top of those things- my family hasn't really wanted to embrace my eating habits (can't blame them)! 

Thankfully, I am at a point where I can regularly prepare meals now (unlike a couple years ago where trying to read a simple recipe would've been a disaster, ending in a mess, and with me going back to bed in tears)! 

Usually, when I'm preparing meals for my family- I need to prepare my own food seperately.

If there is a meat item, I manage to pull out my meat to cook it without any additions to it, cept for maybe some spices I know I can tolerate.  When possible, I pull out enough for at least two servings- so that the next day, I have cooked meat ready to go.

Also, I try to keep some rice cooked up, and available in the refrigerator for me to throw into a personal dinner.  Our local organic foods store has a wonderful variety of rice from which to choose- and this helps a lot, especially when rice is about all I can have!  One of my most favorite rices is Wild Rice- which has a bonus of extra protein and more flavor!

Depending on the vegetable I'm cooking up for the family- I'll try to reserve some of that as well...

Then, for quick savory meal-  I have meat, rice, a veggie ready to throw into a small saucepan in which I've melted some Coconut Oil....heat thoroughly!   This is especially good when I am putting energy into a larger meal for my family- and allows me to quickly and easily have my own side meal. 

I use different spices to switch things  up a bit, especially on day two of possibly same ingredients :)  (Nice to have Braggs' Aminos on hand)

Perhaps you are like me- NO MORE BREAD.  This has been very difficult for me.  But, I now enjoy chewing on a piece, then spitting it out...just to have a taste.... and, of course, deeply taking in the aroma- It's been long enough now for me that these are quite satisfying- especially when hours later I still feel good and not having the gi symptoms I would've had if I'd eaten it!

There is still One Bread of which we can take in freely- and will leave us satisfied, but not bloated!  :)
Yes, the Bread of Life~
 John 6:33
For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world.”
John 6:35
Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst.
John 6:48
I am the bread of life.
John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh.”
 
If you haven't had your serving of Bread today-  I encourage you to go to Scripture and have your fill :)  Enjoy the aroma.  Be satisfied. 
 
Blessings-
 

No comments:

Post a Comment