Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hair Today

My daughters and I have been looking at alternatives to cleaning products, and personal care items.

Recently, one of my daughters came across a method of using baking soda and apple cider vinegar instead of shampoos. 

Since a lot of us have issues with our hair, plus allergies and sensitivities to both chemical and natural ingredients, I thought I'd post this idea.  (Not to mention- this is an inexpensive alternative!)

Here is a site to look at... the pic she has posted looks like white vinegar, but really- apple cider vinegar is recommended.   There are other sites too- so feel free to do your own searching around.  I like to do that myself- then I can come up with the 'best of' from the different sites.  

Scroll down the page a bit on this site too- as the author adds some more comments after receiving feedback/ideas from others.

http://www.insonnetskitchen.com/baking-soda-vinegar-hair-care-update/

I've been doing this method for a couple weeks almost exclusively.  It takes a bit of getting used to- but I like the results!  It is a lot less expensive- and is so good for the scalp/hair! 

Also- it your hair is dry-  try organic coconut oil-  massage in, or only put on ends...  BUT, after this- you will probably need a regular shampoo to wash/rinse it out well-  The conditioning from the coconut oil is amazing! 

How are you doing today?  Are you having one of those 'forgotten days'- where you feel like no one knows you are there?  While you wash your hair-  remember, Our Heavenly Father never forgets you!  He knows you better than anyone-  in fact:
Matthew 10:30
But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
Luke 12:7
Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.
And as you remember- thank Him for knowing you so intimately; and, do not fear- you are valuable to Him!

Blessings-


No comments:

Post a Comment