Monday, August 26, 2013

Joy & Gladness

Are you wishing for some joy and gladness in your life today? 
 
When wracked with the many, many ravages of Lyme- it may well be hard to find such things as joy and gladness in life.
 
But therein lies the problem- we look for joy and gladness in life. 
 
Life never promises joy and gladness.  Sure, we may bump into those moments along the way- but the can disappear as vapor, and can be as difficult to catch as grasping for a butterfly on a summer breeze...
 
But God's Word tells us where we can find joy and gladness, and the Good News is that we can do it even on days that may find us bedridden. 
 
Look here at this portion of Psalm 40:11-17 (New Living Translation)- I added the highlight:
 
11 Lord, don’t hold back your tender mercies from me.
Let your unfailing love and faithfulness always protect me.
12 For troubles surround me—
too many to count!
My sins pile up so high
I can’t see my way out.
They outnumber the hairs on my head.
I have lost all courage.

13 Please, Lord, rescue me!
Come quickly, Lord, and help me.
14 May those who try to destroy me
be humiliated and put to shame.
May those who take delight in my trouble
be turned back in disgrace.
15 Let them be horrified by their shame,
for they said, “Aha! We’ve got him now!”

16 But may all who search for you
be filled with joy and gladness in you.
May those who love your salvation
repeatedly shout, “The Lord is great!”
17 As for me, since I am poor and needy,
let the Lord keep me in his thoughts.
You are my helper and my savior.
O my God, do not delay.
 
Can you relate to this Psalmist:  trouble surrounds, loss of courage, others don't understand- and even put us to shame or seem to delight in your troubles.... The turning point is at verse 16-  But may all who search for you be filled with joy and gladness in you. 
 
That is my prayer for you today Dear One-  that as you search out the LORD, seek Him- that you will be filled with the joy and gladness that is only found in Him.   Even to the point of great exaltation, with gladness- may you exclaim: "The LORD is great!" today! 
 
 Need to fee on the Word and yet you are too weary to read it?  Don't forget that you can go to Biblegateway.com and there you can click on audio to listen to passages. 
 
May His presence bring you true joy & gladness today~ 
 
Blessings-
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment