Friday, November 30, 2012

Rise


Today, my devotions brought me to Micah, chapters 6&7.  

In the 6th chapter, the LORD asks- "My people, what have I done to you, And how have I wearied you?  Answer Me..."  He goes on to account the many other times He has brought them out of slavery...  already the people have become dissatisfied, and have forgotten the mighty works of the LORD.  (3)

I think it more likely that we weary Him.  Our pain and discomfort overwhelm our minds and cause us to see the LORD's goodness at a great distance, at best, but more often than not we forget He has saved us...

Nonetheless, His lovingkindness has not changed...and as He calls His people into rememberance of His having ransomed them, bringing them up out of bondage.."So that you might know the righteous acts of the LORD". (5)

The verses  insightfully goes on to remind us that the LORD's pleasure is not in the physical sacrifices His people make- but that (8) "He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of  you But to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"

Wow- even wracked with Lyme-   we can bring Him pleasure- in seeking Him and responding to our world (albiet a 'small world') justly, loving kindness- and with humility before God.  (vs 9 "...and it is sound wisdom to fear Your name'  

At the core of humility is a healthy, good 'fear of the LORD'- which is to show a very deep respect for Him, who He is...  Lyme can bring a lot of fear into our lives, but  'fearing the LORD', is the only good fear we should be about entertaining.

Micah goes on lamenting- he is feeling quite alone.  He can find no one, cept perhaps his wife, in  whom he can place a trust.  Many of us feel this way as well- we are so misunderstood in this illness; by doctors, friends, family....save but maybe  a spouse.

Now, I realize Micah is speaking in a time of the Hebrews' history... his prophecy is most likely concerning Samaria  and Jerusalem.... but I think there are principles that can we can apply to how we are feeling, and how our world is....
  
Again-  Micah is feeling quite alone, even this great prophet of faith is feeling alone.
 
He greives for his own state, and for those around him.  There is evil afoot all around him, and the people around him have given in to evil ways...

"But", Micah writes in verses 7&8,"as for me, I will watch expectantly for the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation, My God will hear me.  Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy.  Though I fall I will rise;  Though I dwell in darkness, the LORD is a light for me."

 
Lyme can certainly darken our world....figuratively and literally!  In my battle with the many infections of Lyme-  I take the battle on in that I am fighting foes which seek to overtake me.  I think in this, I identify with the battle themes of the Old Testament- and seek to glean wisdom and encouragement from  the Prophets and godly Kings...  

When in my own battle, the darkness presses in-  I will draw close to my Light, the LORD... I will look to Him for my strength and salvation...There may be times I fall, but I will keep seeking the LORD to raise me- in whatever manner He will, in whatever way may bring Him glory. 

I am forever full of gratitude for His lovingkindness.  My faith is built on a confident trust in Him- and that no matter what my circumstances appear to be to my mortal eyes, He is at work, according to His goodness, and for my good.  He is trustworthy. 

The very definition of faith is that I believe in the LORD, regardless of my  afflictions, my circumstances, my weaknessess....  I  am choosing to put my trust in my God, who is Truth, who is Kind, who is Loving, who is King, who is Mighty....who is Jehovah- the One who Saves!  

Blessings-

No comments:

Post a Comment