Saturday, December 29, 2012

Funnies

Tonight, I just thought I'd share this section from a site (http://lymehandbook.com/index/800-misc/810-you-have-to-laugh/) .   Which looks to have a lot of good information on issues related to Lyme. 

The part I want to share is the 'funnies' section!  We all have plenty of our own stories that we, and our families, have to laugh about, or cry about-  hopefully there is more to laugh about!  

Here are some funnies from the site:

  • The way I clean my house is with a sweeping glance.
  • If I’m smiling all the time it’s because I can’t comprehend a word you’re saying.

  • YOU KNOW YOU HAVE LYME WHEN:
  • People call at 7 pm. And ask, “Did I wake you?”
    1. You can’t remember how to turn the shower off.
    2. You get winded playing chess.
    3. You look forward to a dull evening.
    4. When all the pharmacists and lab workers in town know you on a first name basis.
    • As a Lymie was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang. Answering, he heard his wife’s voice urgently warning him, “Herman, I just heard on the news that there’s a car going the wrong way on I-15. Please be careful.”"H---, ” said Herman, “It’s not just one car. It’s hundreds of them!”

    :)  I especially like the second one about smiling.   Lots of times the person is speaking and all I can make out is something similar to a Charlie Brown cartoon when an adult is speaking!  "Wauh-wauh-whauh-whauh-whauh!"  And even if I did hear it- remembering what was said is a whole nother matter! 

    Let me know what your best Lyme-funny moments have been~

    May the LORD's presence bring you joy!





    No comments:

    Post a Comment