Thursday, December 13, 2012

Purpose

Today I found myself reading in 1Peter chapter 4, verses 1-11.

In verse 1-2, Peter emplores us 'Therefore, since Christ has suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, ...so as to live....but for the will of God."  

Our purpose today: to live for the will of God.   Circumstances aside. 

We get a further look at this in verses 7-11:

-be of sound judgement and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer

-be hospitable to one another without complaint

-employ the special gift God has given you; employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God

- in service, speak in Truth and under His authority

-serve by the strength God supplies

-SO THAT: in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Big purpose: to live for the will of God.

Big instructions: soundness, prayer, hospitable, service... 

Big equipment: God has given each of us a special gift, according to His manifold grace

Big God:  do these things according to the strength God supplies

Big outcome:  that in all things  Jesus Christ may be glorified

Big reason: because all glory and dominion belong to Jesus Christ, He is deserving

Amen.

Even when we are laid low with Lyme- we have a purpose for this time: to live out the will of God.

Dr. Tony Evans put it this way once:
"Faith is acting like God is telling the truth! ...
Acting like it is so,
even when it's not so,
 in order that it might be so,
simply because God said so."

Even if your day is a 'horizontal' day- 'live for the will of God'

What does it look like for you today, to 'live for the will of God'?
What just came into your heart and mind- flesh aside, in your spirit? 

In whatever of these things, in all things- He will give you the strength to do them, with purpose- unto His glory, His will, your good. 

Blessings-

Post script-  Yesterday was 12-12-2012...  about 2pm my son and I realized that the world had 'ended' a couple hours ago.  We'd been too engrossed in a Chemistry class (home education) to take notice.  I guess we'll probably remember the whole thing Periodically then....   :)

One of my favorite Christmas songs- wonderful for the whole year-  'I Wonder as I Wander'
I wonder as I wander out under the sky
How Jesus the Saviour did come for to die
For poor on'ry people like you and like I;
I wonder as I wander out under the sky

When Mary birthed Jesus 'twas in a cow's stall
With wise men and farmers and shepherds and all
But high from God's heaven, a star's light did fall
And the promise of ages it then did recall.

If Jesus had wanted for any wee thing
A star in the sky or a bird on the wing
Or all of God's Angels in heaven to sing
He surely could have it, 'cause he was the King

I wonder as I wander out under the sky
How Jesus the Saviour did come for to die
For poor on'ry people like you and like I;
I wonder as I wander out under the sky


Some beautiful harp music- Christmas songs- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhZljYl1cOs&list=PLA0CA594B112402C2&index=2




No comments:

Post a Comment