Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Settle You

I'm still camped in 1 Peter.  Just so much to soak in right now.

Chapter 5 verse 10-  "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."

Although this version is not my personal favorite... I do like the 'settle you'.  It means to 'restore you'. 

Oh Beloved- doesn't that sound wonderful!  To be restored.   Even sleep these days doesn't really give you a sense of being 'restored'. 

But one day- after our suffering a while- we will be 'settled/restored'.  Oh, that gives me a sigh of relief to even think about that....just that thought is strengthening, enthusing.

All these through the God of ALL grace.  Praise Him- what a God of Gifts is Our LORD! 

These days- I am up to doing some things-  today it is to go watch my son play in a high school Varsity Baseball play-off game(s)!  The last few weeks it has been one such thin or another, and time in between is basically spent in bed as much as possible to afford me being able to get to the next thing.  But, at least I have been able to make it! 

By the way-  I'm finding more an more reasons to use, and enjoy- coconut oil!  It is great for my skin after an epsom salt bath (restore skin mantel pH)... and it is a great hair conditioner (work into hair, let stand about 15minutes- than shampoo as usual)... Not to mention using it for cooking!  (oven fried sweet potatoes- with coconut oil to coat, and a dash of salt and peppers...also good to heat up cooked rice in a lil coconut oil- and toss in some cut up avocado!)....  Learning new ways to eat! 

May you be 'settled' today in the LORDs grace- may it bring you a deep sigh of relief, and satisfaction.... 

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment